ARE WE THERE YET?

ARE WE THERE YET?
2 1/2 days until EE (exit experience)

Saturday, June 16, 2007

June 14th reflection--Bulk of the PSA

Thursday night was so much fun. Joe and I had to do our PSA together. We had the storyboard completed and ran into a glitch when some footage that Joe had taken did not come out. What to do, what to do? We discussed several options, one of which consisted of meeting outside of class to use the actors we had previously selected, and we finally came to the conclusion that the project was not how well the acting was but how we put together the announcement, was the message portrayed as we wanted and could we edit it so that it all came together in an effective PSA. I enjoyed this whole process. Coming up to the roadblocks, rerouting our intentions, changing our path was...well...liberating for me. I get stuck sometimes with activities and miss the opportunities to try them in a new way. Thanks to Josh and Cheryl who came to our aid and did a great acting job for us. Joe was a great director. It was so much fun to play with it afterwards and see how detailed you could be with the time frame, and how you could add the transitions and the voiceovers. The saving of it was a little stressful but with Dr. Warrick's help that was accomplished successfully. I, too, am looking forward to everyones finished project on Tuesday. Happy Weekend.

7 comments:

Jodi said...

That is why I like the cohort experience....we are all there supporting one another!

I think digital video was so many possibilities in the classroom.

Pete said...

That is one of the advantages of doing the digital video. It is pretty easy to edit things and splice them together. I have to say the way the cohort is set up with all of the collaboration has really helped me get through it.

Josh said...

Thank goodness for all of us working together...I don't think I could have gotten through it myself. It was so much fun working with you guys on that...I never got to work with Joe before so it was fun working with him as well:)

Wantok said...

Hurray for collaboration! We really have done a great job so far, and I can't wait to share the finished product. Thanks Josh, Cheryl, Bill for all the help. So glad we stuck with it in class instead of meeting on the outside. Great job, Tracey.

Marc Smith said...

I am sorry for missing out on this. I look forward to seeing your work. I am sure it wonderful.

Unknown said...

I also love the editting feature of the videos. It really adds to content and is lots of fun to play with all the options. The one drawback is how much time you could spend doing it!

Cheryl H

Katrina said...

I agree is a really fun class! I love the video part!!!

So your dog is a Cleo too!