ARE WE THERE YET?

ARE WE THERE YET?
2 1/2 days until EE (exit experience)

Thursday, June 14, 2007

June 12th reflection

Tuesdays night class was very enjoyable. I liked working on the PSA (Public Service Announcement). I thought the video clip with Katie Couric was fascinating. I was totally enthralled in the amount of work that goes into a 30 second PSA. She certainly demonstrated on a much larger level what we are reading about how teacher leaders should behave. Looking and seeing a job that needs to be done and advocating for it. She was instrumental in getting those three commercials produced but was by no means the most important of the group. At our schools the importance of the teacher leaders goes without saying but I think we sometimes lose hope thinking that we have no power and that what we do doesn't matter. Couric's role was empowering for me to see.
I look forward to the filming and the editing of our PSA for ITS for Motivation. We worked on the treatment and the story board and are ready to film. I enjoyed the back and forth discussions on the importance of the right word choice and what message exactly did we want to portray. The dialogue and the unspoken expressions all need to say what we want.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I was excited to read that you are empowered by advocacy! Completing the online course has put the idea of leadership into context. It is neat to identify areas of personal strength.

I look forward to watching the PSAs.

Jodi said...

Hey...I sent some ideas about the exit experience to your GroupWise account.